Monday, July 28, 2008

My Etsyversary


Today is the one year anniversary of opening my Etsy shop. I didn't actually get a business license and start being serious until October, so this is more like the Dating anniversary than the Wedding anniversary, but still.. I think it's important to celebrate milestones and achievements. Plus, a lot has actually happened in one year. On this date last year I was still working for The Discovery Channel Store, although the last day was drawing near, and I was getting very emotionally exhausted by it and ready for new beginnings. Since then, my business has made a few transformations.. from online experiment to full time traveling craft show circuit to primarily web-based. I'm sure there are a lot more changes ahead of me and I'm excited and optimistic about being able to meet the challenges.

Also.. I got a treasury! It's like a special little present from the Etsy Gods. I decided to do an Autumn color theme to symbolize looking ahead to what's next.

12 comments:

Leslie said...

Sweet treasury! lol i love how you have the cake! that is so cute.

kim* said...

i see everyone having an anniversary for this... maybe i will next year. i think i missed mine by quite a few months. i have been on since 2006

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Happy Etsyversary!

lovemaryxoxo said...

Congrats to you! And what a great idea.

Kim said...

congrats!!

Anna said...

happy one year!

Parallax Photo said...

Congratulations -- on your etsy-versary and a treasury!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your Etsyversary. Heres to many more :-)

Unknown said...

well, congrats and best wishes for the future. i love the feel of your blog. :-D

Tasha Early said...

Way to go! Happy Etsyversary! :D

Nicole Solo said...

Happy Etsyversary!

Earmark Social said...

hooray! happy etsyversary to you!!!