Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Dawanda

I started my online shop on Dawanda today. Dawanda is an online handmade seller's community similar to Etsy but geared towards Europeans. I know Etsy has been good to me, but I'd like to have my eggs in more than one basket and find more ways to expose my product to more people. I figure if I start now, I'll know the ropes of Dawanda and be established by the Holiday Season.
On a side note... I tend to have some sort of self-confidence issue with my pricing (which I think a lot of artists struggle with) I try to choose wisely with my materials so that I can make items which are affordable to a person like myself. Which is good. *However* I also sometimes make pieces which are more difficult to make and more high end, and that's where I wrestle with myself over pricing. Like for instance this Baby's Breath Necklace. After cajoling from my husband about undervaluing myself, I listed it at $80.00. And it sold in 3 days! Lesson Learned. Hopefully.


3 comments:

Andrea Q said...

Best of luck on Dawanda!

Unknown said...

yes, you should never under-value your work. A friend of mine actually put her prices up as she was so busy and tried to slow sales a bit but found that people were still buying at those prices!

You should also check out ArtFlock as a place to show your work.

PAC said...

Good luck on Dawanda!