Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Working on Vacation


My husband is off work for vacation time this week. It's really nice to spend more time together, but it's also tough because I'm *not* on vacation. Business is as usual at Damselle. Besides the usual making jewelry, updating my shop, going to the post office and promoting myself through the usual sites (by the way, one of my style picks is #1 in popularity on Stylehive right now) I also am meeting with a shop owner about doing consignment this week and working on a very high end custom piece.
It's a little hard to concentrate on work when I keep thinking of all the fun things I'd like to be doing. My husband has read 3 books so far since Sunday, waiting around for me to get done with everything so we can spend time together in the evenings.

I don't mean to complain. I knew running a business means hard work and sacrifice. I have start-up debt to pay off and it presses me like a weight. My goal is to be able to pay it all off by the end of the holiday season. And then take an inexpensive but well deserved vacation *with* my husband in January.

Back to work!

No comments: