Thursday, July 3, 2008

Red White and Boom!


Columbus' official Independence Day celebration called "Red White and Boom" is today. Columbus frequently schedules it's holiday events on the wrong day, so that all the surrounding areas can have their smaller celebrations on the correct day and still attend the big Columbus event. Which is convenient, I suppose, but to me it's just not very festive. (side note... why the heck am I typing at the computer with my safety goggles on? I forgot about them!)

Anyways. So today I'm only working a half day because I'm going to see the fireworks tonight. I have to bring something delicious to share with everyone. Which is A Problem because my cooking skills aren't too hot, and there are other people attending who are Kitchen Wizards. I've decided to make Fake It Wonderful Blackberry Brownies.

Here's the recipe:
Buy Duncan Hines' Oven Ready Brownies. They're in the freezer section.
Buy Frozen Blackberries
Follow the instructions on the Brownies.
Microwave the Blackberries in a bowl for two minutes to defrost.
15 minutes into the brownies' cooking time, put the blackberries on top of the brownies and sprinkle liberally with sugar.
Let cool and enjoy! Everyone will think you're a genius.

The only problem so far is that the plastic tray the brownies are in is melting to the cookie sheet. Crap. I followed the instructions perfectly. I'm going to continue with the oven at a slightly lower temp and hope the tray will peel off the cookie sheet once it's cooled.


On a side note- Thanks bunches to LuluVillage for saying nice things about my shop in her blog!

1 comment:

Patrizia said...

Your shop is gorgeous and you are pretty...

Have fun at fireworks!