Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Custom Order Mania




        I have been doing a *lot* of custom jewelry recently. It's been pretty exciting, and it really challenges my creativity and makes me grow and try new things, some of which I explore in more ways through my regular jewelry line. Custom work is also much harder and time intensive. I'm fortunate in that I work very quickly, but there are a lot of decisions and waiting for e-mails back and forth, and waiting for supplies to arrive. In the last few days, I have been taking a new custom client almost every other day. I'm able to get it done so far, but soon I'm going to have to start asking myself how much is too much, for my workload and for my stress level. I think I need to charge more. I'm not desperate for sales anymore and clearly my prices are very attractive. I've never had anyone balk at them. I may need to raise them a bit to make sure it is lucrative for me as well as my client. 

             Also exciting: Some of my jewelry has been blogged on WeddingBee.com and as soon as I was notified, I sold two pieces to a customer who referenced their site. Yay!! (I may also be doing some custom work for the bride-to-be who posted my necklace on WeddingBee.)

No comments: