Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wedding Season!







Last week was a good week for reminiscing about weddings for me. Besides celebrating my own wedding anniversary on the 19th, I have two necklaces going down the aisle on the necks of blushing brides. How exciting! I'd like to do more wedding orders, because it would be easy for me to make duplicate or similar jewelry for an entire bridal party.

My own wedding was a handmade affair, partially because I'm extremely picky and wanted everything to be my exact vision, and partially because we didn't have $27,000 to spend on a party. We rented a bed and breakfast in the country with a beautiful extensive garden. Everything was handmade from the wedding dress, the flowers arrangements, the invitations, down to the paper cranes folded by the wedding guests which still grace our home for good luck and fond memories of our perfect wedding celebration.




4 comments:

LostRiverRags said...

GORGEOUS!!! Simply gorgeous!

Patrizia said...

That necklace is gorgeous

Sew Bettie said...

The necklaces are lovely. Happy anniversary!

PAC said...

This necklace is gorgeous!

I love your handmade wedding story. So sweet about the paper cranes.